Our daughter, Lily Grace, was born to heaven on June 6, 2010. She was diagnosed with alobar holoprosencephaly (HPE) and a rare arrangment of trisomy 18 (isochrome 18q). To learn more about our experience, you may want to start at the beginning. Read Lily's Story: from Beginning to End, which is one of the first blog entries on June 24, 2010.


He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 46:1


Monday, March 7, 2011

9 months

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139: 13-16.


I love this!! As much as I like to think about how these verses apply to our newest blessing still being formed in my womb, I like to think about this even more so with Lily. Given the circumstances, I could see how someone else in our situation might doubt these words, but I have no doubt that Lily was, quite literally, fearfully and wonderfully made. God had complete control over her body and her life. Her imperfections are what made her perfect. Her unformed, even deformed body, though difficult for others to see were easily seen by Him. To Him, and me, she was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment