Our daughter, Lily Grace, was born to heaven on June 6, 2010. She was diagnosed with alobar holoprosencephaly (HPE) and a rare arrangment of trisomy 18 (isochrome 18q). To learn more about our experience, you may want to start at the beginning. Read Lily's Story: from Beginning to End, which is one of the first blog entries on June 24, 2010.


He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 46:1


Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's the holiday season

The transition from Thanksgiving to Christmas seemed to happen at super speed this year!! I'm still spending my days focusing on all that I have to be grateful for as the world around me shifts their focus from gratitude to santa and their own personal Christmas wishes. Now, don't get the wrong idea. It's not that I'm not in the holiday spirit, but I find that each year brings me closer and closer to the real meaning of Christmas, which naturally draws me further away from the commercialized interpretation of the season.

So, before I get too far off of my original intention for the entry, I'd like to take a moment to review all that I have to be thankful for this year, which, I'd like to point out, are definitely not listed in order of importance.

* being able to spend another year with our precious son
* the overwhelming joy of a second pregnancy
* the excitement of feeling like our hopes & dreams were coming true
* meeting our daughter
* re-establishing my purpose in life
* recognizing new ways that I can reach out & help others through my experience
* a brand new emphasis on my faith
* learning the real meaning of peace
* developing humility in the face of tragedy
* a constant reminder of God's ability to heal and comfort
* learning to accept the things I cannot change
* being able to share my story
* having hope for the future

I am in a place now where I can recognize that it is possible to move forward after a tragedy. It is possible to have hope and positivity again. I am thankful for that this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment