Our daughter, Lily Grace, was born to heaven on June 6, 2010. She was diagnosed with alobar holoprosencephaly (HPE) and a rare arrangment of trisomy 18 (isochrome 18q). To learn more about our experience, you may want to start at the beginning. Read Lily's Story: from Beginning to End, which is one of the first blog entries on June 24, 2010.


He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 46:1


Tuesday, August 24, 2010

feeling sorry for myself

It's another bad day today. I really miss my baby. I guess it comes in waves.

I was super excited yesterday after I talked to several people about some of my fundraising ideas, but then I got home for the day and was going through the mail.

Another medical bill.

Really?!?? I do not remember getting all these bills when Owen was born, and at least I got to bring him home. Why does the price of my loss keep adding up? This is getting ridiculous. We've already paid more than $700 for pre delivery procedures, and now we have $700 in medical bills from the delivery. I am still expecting to receive a couple more based on the paperwork I've gotten in the mail. I would pay any price to have my baby with me, but I am tired of paying for my grief. Opening that bill was the millionth reminder that my baby is gone.

Haven't I paid the price already?

2 comments:

  1. Wendy I am so sorry. It is very hard dealing with everything and very cruel some days are easier than others. Sometimes it is seconds and they come from out of no where! If you ever need to talk please get in touch Michelle has my number. God Bless!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wendy, that is so sad. It must be so hard with these ambushes coming out of nowhere. I'm here, helping you mark time until you have your baby with you again. I'm sorry there are these hidden costs. Karen

    ReplyDelete