Our daughter, Lily Grace, was born to heaven on June 6, 2010. She was diagnosed with alobar holoprosencephaly (HPE) and a rare arrangment of trisomy 18 (isochrome 18q). To learn more about our experience, you may want to start at the beginning. Read Lily's Story: from Beginning to End, which is one of the first blog entries on June 24, 2010.


He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 46:1


Friday, August 6, 2010

2 Months

Two months have gone by since I said goodbye to my Lily. It's amazing how much has changed for me during this time. I have felt myself move through the stages of grief, and am proud to say that I am hopeful (at least today). I am hopeful that Lily's existence served a purpose. She has taught me more about myself, my purpose, and the things that really matter. She gave me a new perspective and a new appreciation for life. I believe she accomplished more in her brief time here than I have in my 32 years. She changed my life. She gave me a gift that I will always be grateful for.

I am determined to share my story with others, and to tell others about my daughter because she deserves to be known. I want to recognize her for all that she has done for me and for my family.

My sister-in-law brought us a book of daily devotionals, and this is an excerpt from the devotional for today, August 6. "Sometimes God causes severe winds of trial to blow upon His children to develop their gifts. Just as a torch burns more brightly when waved back and forth, and just as a juniper plant smells sweetest when thrown into the flames, so the richest qualities of a Christian often arise under the strong winds of suffering and adversity. Bruised hearts often emit the fragrance that God loves to smell." How fitting!

I am empowered to move forward and to help someone else. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, and I am ready to use my experience to make a difference for someone else, but I could use some help. I'll post another blog entry explaining my thoughts, and asking for some feedback, so get your thinking caps on....I've got big plans!

4 comments:

  1. i'm excited to hear what you have planned wendy---you are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy - you are an inspiration to me. If I can be of help in anyway for your upcoming plans let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, Thank you for being courageous enough to share your heart with others. I love reading your blog! Thanks for sharing your devotional.So many people need to hear the message that faith can help them through their trials. I know that you are feeling empowered to help someone else. I think you already are... In fact, I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lily is such a perfect daughter--for you and for God. I'm looking forward to your plans for helping others and I agree with H. that you are already doing that.

    ReplyDelete