Our daughter, Lily Grace, was born to heaven on June 6, 2010. She was diagnosed with alobar holoprosencephaly (HPE) and a rare arrangment of trisomy 18 (isochrome 18q). To learn more about our experience, you may want to start at the beginning. Read Lily's Story: from Beginning to End, which is one of the first blog entries on June 24, 2010.


He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 46:1


Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Remembrance Day

It's the milestone I've been dreading the most. The month of my due date. I would have been 38 weeks pregnant this week, and anxiously anticipating my baby girl's arrival. I recently learned that October also happens to be National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month. October 15, to be exact, is "Infant Loss Remembrance Day", the day set aside to specifically remember those infants who did not have the opportunity to experience life. I came across this video and wanted to share it in memory of all infants whose lives were too short. Will you join me this Friday by lighting a candle at 7:00 pm in memory of my Lily?

1 comment:

  1. Of course I will. I'll be away from town so I can't light it with you but I will light a candle at 7:00 on Friday. Karen

    ReplyDelete