Our daughter, Lily Grace, was born to heaven on June 6, 2010. She was diagnosed with alobar holoprosencephaly (HPE) and a rare arrangment of trisomy 18 (isochrome 18q). To learn more about our experience, you may want to start at the beginning. Read Lily's Story: from Beginning to End, which is one of the first blog entries on June 24, 2010.


He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 46:1


Thursday, April 26, 2012

Out of hibernation

I can't believe how much time has slipped away from me since I last posted. Let's see...I think I left off during a time of fasting, and I know I had all intentions of updating you all. I am ashamed to say that I failed to fulfill my promise of an update. As it turns out, our family situation that I was so vague about in one of my last posts has been completely changed, for the better. I firmly believe that once I completely let go of that situation and turned it over to the One who has the ability to change things, a transformation occurred. It never fails, yet I always have to remind myself to let go of the things I cannot control. On a more recent note, I think about this blog all the time. I think about the things I would love to write about, and the things that I don't really know how to write about. I also think about the things that I've been meaning to write about and pictures I want to post if only I had endless time to do so. I am working on figuring out a way to get back into this. I've been telling myself to write for some time now, and was encouraged to get back to it by my husband also. He must know how helpful it was to me in the past. So many events have transpired lately that I need to process and acknowledge. My next few posts may seem somewhat disjointed and fragmented, but I think that is fairly representative of my thought process right now, so bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment