Our daughter, Lily Grace, was born to heaven on June 6, 2010. She was diagnosed with alobar holoprosencephaly (HPE) and a rare arrangment of trisomy 18 (isochrome 18q). To learn more about our experience, you may want to start at the beginning. Read Lily's Story: from Beginning to End, which is one of the first blog entries on June 24, 2010.


He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 46:1


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

21 Day Fast Update

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

It's been nearly two weeks since I made the decision to be more aware of my thought patterns and to spend more time with God whenever I have the instinct to think something that coud have a negative impact on my feelings or my family and their feelings. In my last blog post, I referenced a situation that my family is facing right now that could be perceived as a negative life event, but I have chosen to think of it in a different way during this fasting period, and hopefully even after that.

Let's just say I've been spending much more time praying than I was in the past, and I can verify that there really is so much power in prayer! Typically, my prayer time occurs in the car as it is one of the few places that I spend time completely alone. Sometimes I pray in the shower or just before going to sleep at night, but I'd really like to dedicate time each day that is specifically for God. If I'm praying while I'm driving or bathing, I am sharing my time with God with other tasks. Like many other women, I multi-task everyday to accomplish all that needs to get done, but God deserves much more than half of my attention and focus, doesn't He? Over the last 11 days, I have prayed at times and in places when I might not normally, and it has been rejuvenating for me.

While I think I'm on the right track, I haven't reached my final destination just yet. I am a work in progress and I'm trying to stay focused on fulfilling God's purpose and His will for me. This fast couldn't have come at a better time. I'm looking forward to the final 10 days of this fast, and all of the time that I will spend strengthening my relationships with God, my husband and my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment